Sunday, July 03, 2005

Power of Prayer blows my mind

*What's up with my new habit of Random Capitalisation?? - I'll blame A.A Milne - all mah Pilglet homies out there hear me!*

Yeah, prayer is awesome. Was totally revived and focussed by some quality time in the prayer room here. The chicks weren't too weirded out - praise the LORD! They just went for a walk and I prayed and cried and cried and prayed. Good times! God times!!! WOOT!

I've called it a day (weekend) on the Country Fest. Tonight is the last night but since we'd been going since Thursday, I'd kinda done my dash! Got to meet a few new interesting people and have some fun. I wrote fun stuff on my T-shirts (thank you Jaime Reifer!) - so that made for a few cool convos!
I was funny being in that crowd of thousands. After being away from this kinda stuff, I'd kinda got a new perspective. I felt like I could see the spiritual muck in the air. I was praying for a stack of the time, but it wasn't 'down on my face in the mud with lotsa tears' prayer - it was just really simple stuff. I almost felt a bit silly coming before Jesus with these simplistic requests 'make everyone be a step closer to You through this weekend', 'please protect people', 'make the spirit of lust, like, go away!', 'let there be less sex at this Country Fest than there's ever been for these years'.
The last prayer was my favourite. It was a struggle, though, not having words of knowledge and cool 'spiritual' stuff to say. I really had to believe that God was listening (and prompting) these child-like prayers. (children praying about no sex? uh, you get what I mean, yeah?) Which is why I'm not there tonight. Sure, I'm completely stuffed, but I still would've LOVED to go and meet more people and wear a T-shirt that says "WANT PRAYER?" and get into weird convos and all groovy, fun stuff. But Jesus told me to stay home. He's not so interested about what I can DO for Him (what a silly concept anways!), but my relationship with Him. I'm not saying I should stay locked up in a hole forever, but that I need to keep seeing more and more that God is in control and when I seek Him, He will tell me what to do instead of me running off like an idiot trying to save the world without Him. He he he - was so just reminded of a Five Iron Frenzy song - My Evil Plan to Save the World. Whoah - self-centered striving is bad... very bad.
I also need to remember that God can do more with my prayers than He can do with me physically! V. v. v. v. important! - as is so relevant in so many areas of my life right now. ie. praying for salvation of family members and friends!

So, anways, prayer is cool and lotsa good stuff.

Love yaz all
Take care and God bless ya stacks and heaps and loads!!!
-rach

2 Comments:

Blogger YOU DONT KNOW MEEEeeee said...

t shirt? that says...FREE HUGGieS. haha. just kidding. and also...YER MOM. haha. jk. and also...I HAVE FUNGUS...haha jk.

8:33 AM  
Blogger Gideon son of Joash said...

doesn't (shouldn't) it blow everyones mind in some way??

2:48 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home