Monday, June 13, 2005

Encouraged / Scared Stupid

Okay, so I was talking about how I needed to be encouraged to be more fervent about reaching out with the gospel... and Jesus heard me!
Was doing pray the Bible this morning and Jesus is like 'ummm... Ezekiel!'
I said 'uh... okay'. Biblical knowledge is... growing... (I won't tell you that the main thing I know about Ezekiel is that Samuel. L. Jackson quotes it in 'Pulp Fiction' and it's on the sound track).
Hia et iss! (Jithrow frum Noo Zehlend!)
Ezekiel 3:16 - 21 (NIV)
At the end of seven days the word of the LORD came to me: "Son of man, I have made you a watchman for the house of Israel; so hear the word I speak and give them warning from me. When I say to a wicked man, 'You will surely die,' and you do not warn him or speak out to dissuade him from his evil ways in order to save his life, that wicked man will die for his sin, and I will hold you accountable for his blood. But if you do warn the wicked man and he does not turn from his wickedness or from his wicked ways, he will die for his sin; but you will have saved yourself.
"Again, when a righteous man turns from his righteousness and does evil, and I put a stumbling block before him, he will die. Since you did not warn him, he will die for his sin. The righteous things he did will not be remembered, and I will hold you accountable for his blood. But if you do warn the righteous man not to sin and he does not sin, he will surely live because he took warning, and you will have saved yourself."
WHOAH!!!
I sometimes think that this kinda stuff is all good for the Old Testament, but 'cause Jesus came, He does all the work and it's no worries for us!
CARP!
C-diddy Booth was on the money when she said all that scary stuff! This quote is stolen from Duggie Burr's Blog - in turn stolen from 'Agressive Christianity (Credo Press)
"It's almost scary how much God will hold you responsible for the salvation of those around you." - Catherine Booth

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAARGH!!!!!!!!

Now I'm starting to get why God's SO on my case about relationships over projects.
(duh)
Cool thing though - we're not in charge of the heart - prep. THAT'S the hard stuff, and that's the stuff that Jesus does.
Ezekiel 2:6-7
"And you, son of man, do not be afraid of them or their words. Do not be afraid, though briers and thorns are all around you and you live among scorpions. Do not be afraid of what they say or be terrified by them, though they are a rebellious house. You must speak My words to them, whether they listen or fail to listen, for they are rebellious."
We just have to lead them to water. God's in charge or whether or not they drink.
Someone was telling me the other day about doing door-to-door evangelism with a crazy-on-fire evangelism group and there were two little old ladies with them. As they were continuously door-slammed and mocked, the group became disheartened whilst the two older women showed no discouragement whatsoever. Someone asked the women why they remained so up-beat when people refused to hear the Gospel. They simply replied, "they aren't the ones we came for".
This whole epiphany doesn't mean I'm not completely shicken ('My Girl') and that I'm bounding up and down the streets declaring that the LORD COMETH!!!! - it also doesn't mean that I bring this stuff up with confidence when conversing with my older sister - and it doesn't mean that when I meet people, I feel the urgency of their salvation... I think it DOES mean that God is working on me and i think he's got the blue-prints of primitive salvationism up His sleeve - YEAH!

So God bless yaz all heaps and stacks and loads!!!!!!
-rach

4 Comments:

Blogger Gideon son of Joash said...

Fatty J Mcfaterson is on FIAR.
Ezekiel is da man!! WHAt WHAt.

Isaiah44:21Remmebr these things, O Jacob, and I srael, for you are My servant; I have formed you, you are My servant, you will not be forgotten by Me. Just change all of the Israel's and jacobs to Rachel or Fat Justice. See ya.

12:45 PM  
Blogger YOU DONT KNOW MEEEeeee said...

heelo. why doos you tipe so mooch? mahaha.
bleh.
mahaha.
YOU DONT...aw who cares?

10:25 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

"I think it DOES mean that God is working on me and i think he's got the blue-prints of primitive salvationism up His sleeve"

>>COME ON! Rach, if you could see yourself now twelve months ago...

Love ya heaps!

7:09 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

You are a warrior, sister! I love you

7:26 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home