Tuesday, July 24, 2007

effective church leadership

*crowd roars*
INNa THA ROIGHT CORNARgh WEEEE HAVE...

CHURCH GROWTH PRINCIPLES!!!!!!

(crowd of 450,000: 'yay!!!!!')

AND INNa THE LIFT CORNARgh WEEEE HAVE...

THE SALVATION ARMEEEEEE

(me and my mum: 'yay!!!!!!')

*ding*

FOIGHT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

now, really... that's just a bit silly.

it's not really 'us' verses 'them' because 'us' is 'them' a bit and 'they' are a bit like 'us' and 'we' sorta like 'them' and 'we' agree with 'them' when 'they' say things that 'we' think agree with 'us'

we're all in this together

I'm just struggling with the similarities and differences in principles of function and growth between the 'Church Growth' (movement, group, society, banner, interdenominational strategic focus...???) and the good ol' Salvos.
We're both perhaps lacking some deep, deep theology to provide in-depth analysis of compatibility.
and yet, we've taken a lot of 'Church Growth stuff' on board (often) very happily and posistively.

Any why not?
there's a lot of good there

but is it different good to our good?

BAAAAAAAAAAAAA HA HA HA HA
that's poisitively hilarious!

as if we own good.

God is God.
Our specific call may be unique, and i feel called into this uniquely-called collection of the specifically-called...

but God is God everywhere.

the end

(G. Roberts was right, I know more and more about less and less)

4 Comments:

Blogger CheekyUkie said...

Good quote, I have to use it sometime!

5:36 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

just dropping in to say Hi- I love ya, and you're a riot! Much love,
Aurora
(Although I'm signing in as 'anonymous' because I think I forgot my login.....it's been a while, I think!)

12:35 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

c'mon rachel
it's been far too long since you amused us with your dazzling wit.
JM

7:28 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

Wow, it's been over a year since you've blogged.

And you're still on my blogroll.

That's how much I miss you.

xo

1:19 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home