Tuesday, May 01, 2007

Words beginning with the letter 'R'

which is 'Ar-eh' to our North American friends, and
'ah' or 'arghhh' to everyone else.
(except moch, who calls is 'grrrh')

Here are a few suggestions
Rambunctious (prizes to whoever knows the proper spelling or meaning)
Ridiculous
Resplendent
Reliable (boring)
Radical
Rascal
Ready

...
uh...
Retina
and
Really, really, really ridiculously good-looking
(yes, that begins with 'R')

So, here I am with a quarter of an ounce of spare time and I'm writing to y'all. (You better appreciate this!)
passed the room inspection
moch cleaned up his act.
I sacrificed precious study time... to deal with the consequences of my own sloth
... his name is Joe

Everyone at the collagio is sickios. cept me! will not get sick, REFUSE to get sick.
brill plan, that!
prac's going well. have two sermons coming up... 3rd and 17th of june. so far, I've spent about 15 seconds on each, asking God to tell me what to preach about.
Have one word for one, and four words for the other.
will go into that a little deeper this coming week.
Am starting to hang out for july holidays - will have all assignments well finished by then and will have chilly-chillax time with the familios!
(hopefully my own, not that I don't ADORE all the campus families...)
need to pick up the slack a bit on these last two major essays (yes, they've done 15yrs each in the salvos) this coming week. have been getting a tiny bit behind - well, not as far in front as i would like.
i KNOW how cocky that sounds, but it's 'cause i'm single and have no life outside of college. It would be strange and unecessary to be BEHIND in these circumstances.
gee, hope i don't get LEFT BEHIND
ba ha ha
pre-millenialists? what's up with that?
carp, hope i used the right word. something-millenia-watty (and yes, yes carp is the new crap). and I don't really have anything against Kirk Cameron personally, I'm sure he's lovely and I just looked at his site. positively brill, has the theme song from growing pains playing. made me laugh with joy out loud in the library. thankfully (as usual) i am all alone here
cadettees, does this say something about our work ethic? or something about out laptops... and children... and priorities... and timing.
oo, just hurt my knee jumping off my high horse.

moch is still on his. but it's not a high horse, it's Joe the sloth.
moch says I'm splitting hairs
and that I'm talking carp.

just a thought...
right now, my life is pretty self-centered *moch is nodding... so I'm gonna kick him off Joe*. but with the whole 'setting aside two years' thing for college - you know, the learning and the UNlearning and the craziness and the spiritual growth and personal brokenness... *blah, blah, bla- ow!*
but thing is, I'm really enjoying this.
I'm not going to feel guilty 'cause I know that i need this time to get a bit more grounded... a LOT more grounded... before I take on the responsibility of an officer. now I'm not saying that people NEED college to be able to ministry effectively - stacks of people with no formal training are absolutely brill in ministry, but work with me here (not you moch)... I'm giving this time for personal growth and it's hard and it's sticky and my brain wants to explode often (cognitive dissonance - ba-BANG). but it's GOOD and I LIKE IT
so...
will i be a carp officer?
if I'm getting into this self-focussed thing so well, will i explode to pieces when it's not all about me anymore?

trust me, I know how i sound, and i'm sorry if you hate me. -moch, on the other hand, can hate me all he wants - I don't care.
*today he called me a dog, so I told him that he was birthed out of stone in the seventeenth century and that his lack of human qualities is an embarassment. He wasn't convinced*

so officership, here i come.
God bless whoever receives me!
Bless you all
-rach
(God bless Cameron Diaz)

2 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

Ooooh!

I'm into prizes!!!

"Rambunctious" - spelt correctly
means Robustious [noisy & lacking in restraint]

1:06 PM  
Blogger lux said...

Rach,
you're awesome. I enjoy reading your blog, they make me miss you more. May you continue to grow in Christ.

9:53 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home