Monday, May 08, 2006

I played basketball

and at one point, i fell on my bottom!
that's when i felt like i was playing hard!!!
(don't mess with me!)
Didn't spend much time on court due to not being exactly 'A grade' material... and was there to fill in for breathers for the other 5 players...
Wanted to feel a bit offended at one point, but really...(!) Am NOT the best basquetballer in the world, it's not an attack on my character to say that other people are better than me and therefore more deserving of court-time.

so i got over it
tried to be lovely and sweet and gracious.
told the other players i was happy to interceed on their behalf whilst they played
my prayer went like this
"God, if us winning this game is going to glorify You, let it happen... but really... whatever"

we lost the game...

is it bad that i find that funny...?

did a psych test today for Training College application.
Had to be bold and go with my gut on the answers (as 'uncertain' is not the preferable option)
So I think I might have come across a bit extreme.
I think the analysis might be something along the lines of

1) Ego, ego ego and did i mention EGO?!?!?!?!?! ("I consider myself the 'life of the party')
2) Likes art and thinks it's more important than feeding the homeless *am being a bit sarcastic*
3) Hates tradition and pomp and military processions
4) Gossips (wasn't able to add 'I'M AIMING FOR HOLINESS, I AM TRYING!!!!!!!')
5) doesn't like to work alone and doesn't work well with others
6) Thinks respecting elders is very important

... seriously, a LOT of questions about respecting elders! that might be the one aspect that gets me into College... I hope

Pray that God gets His way

God bless and bliss you all!!!!
-rach

5 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Sometimes at drill i get picked second or third. Is so weird. I'm no sporty i'm xander.

1:47 PM  
Blogger Rebekah Dooley said...

rachael i love you and miss you!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Rebekah

1:11 AM  
Blogger Aurora said...

at least you can admit your faults, and be honest about them.

I like to play b-ball here on Friday nights....it's so much fun, and people don't even care about the points. Sometimes I wonder why we even pick teams!

8:28 AM  
Blogger Victory of the People said...

i love rachael collins
i love rachael collins

(im doing the train dance with this chant)

3:53 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

hey rach I miss ya....we were talking about you and your hilarity today :)
Love ya Alli

8:39 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home